News

Lankan students die of smoke inhalation in Azerbaijan

Three Sri Lankan students have died of smoke inhalation following a fire that broke out in their apartment in the Sabail district of Baku, Azerbaijan.

The victims are Tarukki Amaya, 23, Tausi Jayavodi, 25, and Malachi Tayuk, 21.

The girls were students of the Western Caspian University in Baku. They have been living in the same apartment for two months. A forensic medical examination on the bodies is currently underway.

Sabail police believe the fire was caused by an electric short circuit.

Police, prosecutors as well as MES firefighters are currently investigating the incident. https://apa.az/en/accidents-incidents-news/Three-foreign-students-died-of-smoke-inhalation-in-Baku-colorredPHOTOcolor-colorredUPDATEDcolor-305648