Presidential Task Force appointed to build a secure country
President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has appointed a 13 member Presidential Task Force to build a secure country, a disciplined, virtuous and lawful society.
Secretary to the Ministry of Defence Major General (Retired) Kamal Gunaratne has been appointed Chairman of the Task Force.
Senior Assistant Secretary, Ministry of Defence, Mr. D.M.S. Dissanayake has been appointed Secretary of the Task Force.
The below officials have been appointed to the Task Force.
1. Major General (Retired) Kamal Gunaratne Secretary to the Ministry of Defence
2. Lieutenant General Shavendra Silva Esquire Commander of the Sri Lanka Army
3. Vice Admiral Piyal de Silva Commander of Sri Lanka Navy
4. Air Marshal Sumangala Dias Commander of Sri Lanka Air Force
5. Mr. C.D. Wickremarathne Acting Inspector General of Police
6. Major General (Retired) Vijitha Ravipriya Director General of Customs
7. Major General (Retired) Jagath Alwis Chief of the National Intelligence Service
8. Major General Suresh Salley Director of State Intelligence Service
9. Major General A. S. Hewavitharana Director of Army Intelligence Unit
10. Captain S.J. Kumara Esquire Director of Navy Intelligence Unit
11. Air Commodore M.D.J. Wasage Director of Air Force Intelligence Unit
12. T. C. A. Dhanapala Deputy Inspector-General of Police, Special Task Force of Police
13. Waruna Jayasundara Deputy Inspector-General of Police
The members are required to execute the below mentioned tasks.
1. Taking necessary immediate steps to curb the illegal activities of social groups which are violating the law which
is emerging as harmful to the free and peaceful existence of society at present in some places of the country
2. Take necessary measures for prevention from drug menace, prevent entry of drugs from abroad through ports and
airports and to fully eradicate drug trafficking in the country and to prevent other social illnesses caused by drug
3. Take necessary measures to take legal action against persons responsible for the illegal and antisocial activities
conducting in Sri Lanka while locating in other countries
4. To investigate and prevent any illegal and antisocial activities in and around prisons