560 identified from Kandakadu Covid cluster so far
20 more persons have tested for the coronavirus as at 6 am today.
Break down of the newly detected cases are as below;
- 4 contacts of patients of the Treatment and Rehabilitation Centre – East Kandakadu (1 is from pelmadulla and 3 are from kiriwaththuduwa)
- 2 from India and currently placed at the UDMI passara quarantine centre
- 2 from UAE and currently placed at the Diyathalawa quarantine centre
- 3 from Qatar and currently placed at the CTS Ampara quarantine centre
- 9 from Saudi Arabia
As at 6 am today (560) patients have been reported from the Treatment and Rehabilitation Centre – East Kandakadu so far.
- 451 are inmates.
- 63 are staff members.
- 05 are visiting staff members.
- 41 are primary contacts.
10 passengers who arrived in the Qatar on QR 668 today have been directed to quarantine centres.
6 persons who completed the quarantine period at the Ruwala Kalpitiya quarantine centre have been released today.
Accordingly, 24,203 have been released so far after completing their mandatory quarantine.
6,052 are currently being quarantined in the 53 quarantine centres operated by the armed forces.
1070 PCR tests were conducted yesterday.
Accordingly, the total number of PCR tests condcuted in the Island stand at 137, 407.
3 recoveries have been reported from the navy, raising the total no of recoveries from the Navy to 904.
Only 2 navy personal are currently receiving treatment.