Fuel prices to increase from midnight today
Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CEYPETCO) and Lanka IOC (LIOC) fuel prices will be increased from midnight today (11), the Ministry of Energy stated.
Accordingly, the price revisions are detailed below:
- Lanka Petrol 92 Octane revised price Rs. 157 per litre (Rs. 20 increase)
- Lanka Petrol 95 Octane Euro revised price Rs. 184 per litre (Rs. 23 increase)
- Diesel revised price Rs. 111 per litre (Rs. 7 increase)
- Super Diesel revised price Rs. 144 per litre (Rs. 12 increase)
- Kerosene revised price Rs. 77 per litre (Rs. 7 increase)
Earlier today, the Ministerial Sub-Committee on Cost of Living stated that a decision has been made to revise fuel prices.
Minister of Energy Udaya Gammanpila added that the date of the amendment will be announced soon, explaining that due to the prevailing situation in the country, it was not possible to announce in advance when the amendment would be made because if so, people would be waiting in long queues at petrol stations.