Numerous institutions gazetted under Industries and Agriculture Ministries
Through a Gazette Extraordinary, effective from June 17, President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has amended the functions, responsibilities and institutions coming under the purview of the Industries Ministry and the Agriculture Ministry.
Accordingly, the Gazette Extraordinary No. 2187/27 issued on August 09, 2020 has been amended.
As per the gazette notification, the following institutions have been gazetted under the Industries Ministry:
- Ceylon Industrial Development Board
- Lanka Leyland Ltd.
- Lanka Ashok Leyland Ltd.
- National Paper Corporation Ltd.
- Kahagolle Engineering Services Company Ltd. (KESCO)
- Manthai Salt Ltd.
- Elephant Pass Saltern
- Centre of Excellence for Robotic Applications
- Lanka Cement Ltd.
- Sri Lanka Cement Corporation
- Lanka Mineral Sands Company
- Paranthan Chemicals Ltd.
- Kahatagaha Graphite
- Ceylon Ceramics Corporation (Brick and Tiles Division)
- BCC (Pvt.) Limited
- National Enterprise Development Authority
Meanwhile, the following four institutions were gazetted under the Agriculture Ministry:
- Agriculture and Agrarian Insurance Board
- Department of Agriculture
- Janatha Estate Development Board
- Lanka Phosphate Company Ltd.