SL Legends to play current SL team on 5 May in Pallekele
The match will be telecasted live on TV.
The briefing was held yesterday in Colombo to “Introduce the New Management Committee of the SLC and explain the Way Forward”, said SLC.
Some of the main points elaborated in the media conference were:
* The SL team will be vaccinated for Covid-19 on 11 April (Sunday) but it is not compulsory for the players to have it then.
* There needs to be a proper coordination among Govt. institutions –like the national airlines, the tourist ministry, and SLC– to reap the maximum benefit out of especially foreign teams’ touring in the country.
* The need of a mentor scheme to direct new players (such as Pathum Nissanka) in the right path in their careers.
* Giving emphasis to the national players’ fitness and nutrition using modern technology.
* Need to have a franchise for the Eastern Province when the Lanka Premier League (LPL) is held next time.
* A new physio will be recruited soon and there will be emphasis on both basic fitness levels and the players’ “cricket fitness” as well.
* Media will be allowed for the forthcoming Bangladesh Test series in Pallekele but no spectators will be allowed for the series.